Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Going live on YouTube soon

Not as soon as right now and immediately but soon enough. I set up my YouTube channel and will be doing live drawing as soon as I draw something again, wich might be tomorrow morning. I know I said it would be on picart.tv but I tested it today and it wasn't really what I was looking for.

The layout was okay and the set up was not too complicated with OBS. But I didn't like that the videos are not saved at all (not even for a short time or available for myself to download), no past broadcasts or activities displayed too. Anyhow the most frustrating part was that every time I opened the website with my stream on it while being live, OBS kept crashing. But how else could I check the chat, if not by visiting the site?

But then I found out that YouTube actually offers live streaming, wich I didn't know before. Now I kind of figured out how to do it and wanna test it by chance. I will announce it when I go online, so if you are free and are in the mood to watch me draw and/or talk to me a bit, I'd love to see you there. If you want to be extra sure not to miss me, you may want to add me on YouTube, Google+ or Twitter, these three will most likely be the first platforms that will get the info directly and quickly.