Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"Yamete" character designs



This is something different. Usually I don't work stylised very often anymore, but I am currently taking part in a comic project. It's a Yaoi anthology and I am in for the first time, joining other artists such as comic artists, writers and illustrators. Since I am not interested in writing a Yaoi story, I was still interested in the topic that this time will be "body modifications". This basically means tattoos, piercings, implants, brandings... so I'm just doing illustrations for a shortstory. 

I started just today and tried to get the authors preferences down, even though I don't have many instructions, just a short description for each character. And since this story will be about a band it's good to know the authors taste in music. This is really the first design approach of the main character and I don't even know if this is anywhere near the authors expectations. In the end anyhow I will do one or more illustrations of scenes described in the story.