Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Yamete" character design - part 2


So these are the characters (well two out of four) for the project I joined. Rare recently, but Manga styled illustrations. They will be. These are just the character concepts and probably not going to be used in the book. The lower guy is the one who I see as the main character and I posted him here before, but after talking to the author of the story, I changed him a slight bit. He is grumpier now, the hair is different, changed the lips a bit as well as one of the tattoos, plus the pants. Actually I was re-drawing him completely, or over-drawing, whatever. The upper character is the happy kind. I am one of those person who always falls for the angry or thoughtful characters, was never a fan of the happy and bright ones. Guess I like it gloomy...